rajsat
10-01 11:58 PM
Both notices say september28
wallpaper dave-salmoni
smitha
07-09 10:09 PM
I exactly know where your statements about 2005-2006-2007 coming from. Your basic assumptions is that 2005-2006-2007 guys are those who just came to US 2-3 yrs back and now want their GC asap whereas you are waiting in line for 6-7 years...right?
Ma'm with all due respect, that is not correct for most of the cases. There are several people who has to re-file their labor for several reasons (employer greedy, company overtaken, laid-off, company gone bankrupt etc etc.). That does not mean that 2005-2006-2007 guys are asking that they should get GC before 2001-2004 people. What most of the people need is an ability to file for AOS so that they can indepenedent of the clutches of their employers.
I'm sure if you widen your horizon, you will be able to understand the plight of all your brothers and sisters stuck in this retrogression.
For your information
Smitha
EB2 India
PD-2005-May
I140 approved-Sept 2006
I have MS in EE from US and working since 2001,filed my GC in 2005 May(PERM).
However can you please tell me anyone who got GC in Eb2/Eb3(India) in 1-2 yr in the last 15 yrs?
Exactly that is now 2006-2007 PD guys are expecting to happen a miracle, right? I mean, apply 485,EAD ASAP.
If you guys really care about 2002-2003-2004 guys, then please please wait for OCT 07 bulletin and after that you can do anything you want. If they will retrogress the dates, then please fight but not before that.
This is just a suggestion. If you like follow it, otherwise ignore.
Ma'm with all due respect, that is not correct for most of the cases. There are several people who has to re-file their labor for several reasons (employer greedy, company overtaken, laid-off, company gone bankrupt etc etc.). That does not mean that 2005-2006-2007 guys are asking that they should get GC before 2001-2004 people. What most of the people need is an ability to file for AOS so that they can indepenedent of the clutches of their employers.
I'm sure if you widen your horizon, you will be able to understand the plight of all your brothers and sisters stuck in this retrogression.
For your information
Smitha
EB2 India
PD-2005-May
I140 approved-Sept 2006
I have MS in EE from US and working since 2001,filed my GC in 2005 May(PERM).
However can you please tell me anyone who got GC in Eb2/Eb3(India) in 1-2 yr in the last 15 yrs?
Exactly that is now 2006-2007 PD guys are expecting to happen a miracle, right? I mean, apply 485,EAD ASAP.
If you guys really care about 2002-2003-2004 guys, then please please wait for OCT 07 bulletin and after that you can do anything you want. If they will retrogress the dates, then please fight but not before that.
This is just a suggestion. If you like follow it, otherwise ignore.
anotherone
01-29 04:41 PM
I had already mentioned my EAD status when they had the interview. But after acceptiing it I mentioned it again in the conext of I9 form. Then they said they cant offer me emp;oyment due to my being on EAD.
This is a pretty big company. I understand that H1B is not protected under anti-discrimination for employment, but EAD holders, specifically those with AOS pending, are a protected against employment discrimination.
Does anyone have any links to the above conclusion ? I am so tired of this BS. I have spent long enough in this immigration c**p that if I have leave, might as well leave with a fight.
regards
just anotherone of the expendable non-citizens
This is a pretty big company. I understand that H1B is not protected under anti-discrimination for employment, but EAD holders, specifically those with AOS pending, are a protected against employment discrimination.
Does anyone have any links to the above conclusion ? I am so tired of this BS. I have spent long enough in this immigration c**p that if I have leave, might as well leave with a fight.
regards
just anotherone of the expendable non-citizens
2011 Planet#39;s host Dave Salmoni
meghanap2000
10-26 04:52 PM
FatJoe,
Got an email from USCIS stating that there is an change in status... This email showed new status as Card Prodn Ordered...
This was early evening 22'nd Oct.... Got two emails - one for me and one for my wife... exactly identical email.
Then later at night (closer to midnite NSC time i think), i received the same two emails for me and my wife again.... not sure why.
Since then no other emails.... So far, i have only recvd CPO email.... no other emails at all...
Donot worry about 2 emails. That normally happens for alomost any approval email from USCIS. I always got 2 emails from USCIS in approval of my every case like h1b ext, 485 etc..
You may not receive any more email from USCIS about your 485. But USCIS will send 485 approval courtesy copies to you and originals to your attorney. So please contact your attorney after 3 or 4 business days and collect your original i485 apporvals. You will receive your green cards with in 1 week. I received CPO mail on oct 17th and received green cards on oct 24th.
Please let me know if you need any more info.
Got an email from USCIS stating that there is an change in status... This email showed new status as Card Prodn Ordered...
This was early evening 22'nd Oct.... Got two emails - one for me and one for my wife... exactly identical email.
Then later at night (closer to midnite NSC time i think), i received the same two emails for me and my wife again.... not sure why.
Since then no other emails.... So far, i have only recvd CPO email.... no other emails at all...
Donot worry about 2 emails. That normally happens for alomost any approval email from USCIS. I always got 2 emails from USCIS in approval of my every case like h1b ext, 485 etc..
You may not receive any more email from USCIS about your 485. But USCIS will send 485 approval courtesy copies to you and originals to your attorney. So please contact your attorney after 3 or 4 business days and collect your original i485 apporvals. You will receive your green cards with in 1 week. I received CPO mail on oct 17th and received green cards on oct 24th.
Please let me know if you need any more info.
more...
vignesh
09-13 09:50 AM
PD: 22nd March 2006
Opened a SR on 7th Sept and wrote a request to local Congress man.
Approval: 10th Sept
Got a email approval for spouse on 10th Sept ! No changes seen in my status online but I got a response for my SR request that my case is also approved on 10th Sept, the email from SR came on 10th Sept.
Till date no changes to my status online but when you call the USCIS toll free number, I do here my case is approved on 10th Sept.
Just sharing my experience and thanks to Immigration voice forum.
Opened a SR on 7th Sept and wrote a request to local Congress man.
Approval: 10th Sept
Got a email approval for spouse on 10th Sept ! No changes seen in my status online but I got a response for my SR request that my case is also approved on 10th Sept, the email from SR came on 10th Sept.
Till date no changes to my status online but when you call the USCIS toll free number, I do here my case is approved on 10th Sept.
Just sharing my experience and thanks to Immigration voice forum.

amsgc
06-17 01:08 AM
Hi
I have a question regarding g28 , did u file this form when you did it yourself ..
can an attorney file g28 later on if there is a RFE , who else can file g28
I don't think you need to fill it yourself. But, for the second question, someone with experience in dealing with RFEs should enlighten.
I have a question regarding g28 , did u file this form when you did it yourself ..
can an attorney file g28 later on if there is a RFE , who else can file g28
I don't think you need to fill it yourself. But, for the second question, someone with experience in dealing with RFEs should enlighten.
more...
Robert Kumar
04-01 06:33 PM
I don't want to be a spoilsport.
But there is a possibility that EB2I has not yet retrogressed (inspite of heavy porting) because USCIS knows EB1C 12000 will flow to EB2 right. In that case we may not see movement of dates in par with 12000 spillover.
Maybe I am pessimistic.
In all calculations, it is mentioned that porting at max could be 6k/year. How did we come up with this number? Any proof or just a guess?
Thanks.
"Inspite of heavy porting". Dude, with just two posts, and that in last 2 months, where do you get that info.
Let us know how did you come up with that conclusion.
But there is a possibility that EB2I has not yet retrogressed (inspite of heavy porting) because USCIS knows EB1C 12000 will flow to EB2 right. In that case we may not see movement of dates in par with 12000 spillover.
Maybe I am pessimistic.
In all calculations, it is mentioned that porting at max could be 6k/year. How did we come up with this number? Any proof or just a guess?
Thanks.
"Inspite of heavy porting". Dude, with just two posts, and that in last 2 months, where do you get that info.
Let us know how did you come up with that conclusion.
2010 dave salmoni with a lion
yagw
08-16 06:13 PM
Am a new member here. Thought of posting the follow-up activities I have done till now and the results for the same.
Details:
PD: Oct 2005
Center: NSC
I485 RD: 07/26/2007
I485 ND: 08/24/2007
FP done only once in 2007 (forgot exact date).
Follow-up:
08/03/2010: Opened SR for primary (self)
08/05/2010: Sent email to NSCfollowup. Got reply that this account address is for following up on open SRs.
08/09/2010: Infopass appointment, did not get any useful info other than that case is being processed
08/09/2010: Opened SR for Secondary (spouse)
08/12/2010: Got response for 1st SR. Main gist of reply was that due to pending caseload in Nebraska, the processing time for my case has been extended :(. But the statement that got my attention was "Your application remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. The Service is waiting for VISA availability." So called helpline again and was able to get to 2nd Level IO. She said that this statement is a mistake and that Visas are still available. Also confirmed that my case is with IO. However she said that I might be required to do FP again. The FP might be causing the delay.
08/13/2010: Contacted local congressman and asked help for following up.
08/13/2010: Send letter to Ombudsman
Latest status: Still waiting, not sure what other action I can take.
You are doing the right thing. Don't give up. Contact the Senator, if you have any other application pending (like EAD or AP) call them and try to find the status of it. Open an SR for it if needed etc...
Details:
PD: Oct 2005
Center: NSC
I485 RD: 07/26/2007
I485 ND: 08/24/2007
FP done only once in 2007 (forgot exact date).
Follow-up:
08/03/2010: Opened SR for primary (self)
08/05/2010: Sent email to NSCfollowup. Got reply that this account address is for following up on open SRs.
08/09/2010: Infopass appointment, did not get any useful info other than that case is being processed
08/09/2010: Opened SR for Secondary (spouse)
08/12/2010: Got response for 1st SR. Main gist of reply was that due to pending caseload in Nebraska, the processing time for my case has been extended :(. But the statement that got my attention was "Your application remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. The Service is waiting for VISA availability." So called helpline again and was able to get to 2nd Level IO. She said that this statement is a mistake and that Visas are still available. Also confirmed that my case is with IO. However she said that I might be required to do FP again. The FP might be causing the delay.
08/13/2010: Contacted local congressman and asked help for following up.
08/13/2010: Send letter to Ombudsman
Latest status: Still waiting, not sure what other action I can take.
You are doing the right thing. Don't give up. Contact the Senator, if you have any other application pending (like EAD or AP) call them and try to find the status of it. Open an SR for it if needed etc...
more...
QB_man
02-15 02:12 PM
Can anyone tell me if we have to wait on the DOS number all the way till we hear a voice or can we dial an extn? also is there any other number that my employers can call?
hair Dave Salmoni

Techieforever
08-13 11:49 AM
Nope Z
It was in NJ... atleast for me it was hopeless visit
It was in NJ... atleast for me it was hopeless visit
more...
like_watching_paint_dry
06-13 08:52 AM
Of course yes its for our interest BUT don't forget that its against a violation. Tomorrow if the same organization brings resources in H-1B/EAD/GC/Citizenship we are not going to complain about it ... because its within whats allowed by the law, I think thats the purpose of having rules ... to have a fair playing ground ... think abt the havoc/chaos these companies could create by bringing people without any visa (illegally across borders) and talk about 'closing the doors and me not brought up that way', do you think that anyone including you would support that???. Here the purpose of L-1B visa is misused and blindly violated, so lets move in the right direction, we are not asking all L-1B visas to be banned BUT to investigate the abusal of that visa category and we are just pointing out the incidents where we think its getting violated. Lets see who is on right/wrong side. We'll leave the decision part to ICE/USCIS/Other agencies involved.
I think you are doing the right thing here. My question .. what are the typical signs you need to watch out for to determine L1 violations are happening? How do you collect information / evidence that ICE or USCIS could find helpful and act upon?
I think you are doing the right thing here. My question .. what are the typical signs you need to watch out for to determine L1 violations are happening? How do you collect information / evidence that ICE or USCIS could find helpful and act upon?
hot Today#39;s Yummo is Dave Salmoni.
stuck_here
02-08 04:11 AM
1-2 weeks if u r unlucky, 1-2 months if u r extremely unlucky, 2+ months if u r as unlucky as me !!
:mad:
On FEb 4th my wife and myself went for H1-B visa renewal interview at Chennai Consulate. Both visas got approved. My wife passport was returned with in 3 days. It seems they have found her petitition online. My passport stuck with consulate. I called consulate today, and they have asked me to call back next week end. She said they were not able to locate my petition online.
How long it can take? 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month? Please provide your experiences for those passports took more than 3 days. I have seen max 1 month in the forum.
:mad:
On FEb 4th my wife and myself went for H1-B visa renewal interview at Chennai Consulate. Both visas got approved. My wife passport was returned with in 3 days. It seems they have found her petitition online. My passport stuck with consulate. I called consulate today, and they have asked me to call back next week end. She said they were not able to locate my petition online.
How long it can take? 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month? Please provide your experiences for those passports took more than 3 days. I have seen max 1 month in the forum.
more...
house Dave Salmoni: davesalmoni1101
pbuckeye
04-01 03:43 PM
Shusterman�s Immigration Update April 2011 | Carl Shusterman (http://shusterman.com/newsletterusimmigrationapril2011.html)
When you say "according the our calculations", and you can only come up with years (& not 1 year, 2 year), you have obviously not done a very accurate calculation/guestimation.
I wouldn't put too much stock into it.
When you say "according the our calculations", and you can only come up with years (& not 1 year, 2 year), you have obviously not done a very accurate calculation/guestimation.
I wouldn't put too much stock into it.
tattoo wallpaper Dave Salmoni, Part 2
sri1309
01-07 12:50 PM
I fully support this...
People who meet the conditions above can benefit the US Economy in a long run because...
1)Deficits are going to be high for a long time...in trillions, and if we are allowed to apply for naturalization directly, there is a better chance for us to pay taxes to reduce the burden.
2)If we are asked to leave now, the US is committed to Social Security payments(with the minimum 40 points) even if we are outside.
3)By now, we already have kids who are American citizens... which means that when they become 18, they can always sponsor us as citizens. All that we are asking is for the congress to do the same a few years earlier. It is better we are here in our earning years than when we are in our older years.
If this Bill is introduced in congress, people will listen because...
1)People waiting for 10 years... and done all the right things, no one can simply ignore. Also, there will be a sense of guilt on the US Government to have let the situation deteriorate. They will think of ways to make the transition smoother... remember they created a special green card category for Iraqis since there was a sense of guilt.
2) Whether this passes congress or not, there is a legitimate argument of asking for the congress to rectify the situation. That is the best we can do.
3) We need to give more and more options to the congress. Not everything sticks, but even if one or two get passed, it goes a long way to help all of us.
I personally will contribute bigtime if IV core want to take this up!
Hi,
Your point below is good. I have never noted this point in my letters. We will include this point. Makes so much sense. Lets ask them to help us when we can contribute more, than to let us just get in when we start consuming SSN benefits and other due to age related issues..How do I give a green to you. Is this is your first post ever?
"3)By now, we already have kids who are American citizens... which means that when they become 18, they can always sponsor us as citizens. All that we are asking is for the congress to do the same a few years earlier. It is better we are here in our earning years than when we are in our older years.
"
People who meet the conditions above can benefit the US Economy in a long run because...
1)Deficits are going to be high for a long time...in trillions, and if we are allowed to apply for naturalization directly, there is a better chance for us to pay taxes to reduce the burden.
2)If we are asked to leave now, the US is committed to Social Security payments(with the minimum 40 points) even if we are outside.
3)By now, we already have kids who are American citizens... which means that when they become 18, they can always sponsor us as citizens. All that we are asking is for the congress to do the same a few years earlier. It is better we are here in our earning years than when we are in our older years.
If this Bill is introduced in congress, people will listen because...
1)People waiting for 10 years... and done all the right things, no one can simply ignore. Also, there will be a sense of guilt on the US Government to have let the situation deteriorate. They will think of ways to make the transition smoother... remember they created a special green card category for Iraqis since there was a sense of guilt.
2) Whether this passes congress or not, there is a legitimate argument of asking for the congress to rectify the situation. That is the best we can do.
3) We need to give more and more options to the congress. Not everything sticks, but even if one or two get passed, it goes a long way to help all of us.
I personally will contribute bigtime if IV core want to take this up!
Hi,
Your point below is good. I have never noted this point in my letters. We will include this point. Makes so much sense. Lets ask them to help us when we can contribute more, than to let us just get in when we start consuming SSN benefits and other due to age related issues..How do I give a green to you. Is this is your first post ever?
"3)By now, we already have kids who are American citizens... which means that when they become 18, they can always sponsor us as citizens. All that we are asking is for the congress to do the same a few years earlier. It is better we are here in our earning years than when we are in our older years.
"
more...
pictures dave salmoni - he#39;s ot his own
gc_check
01-30 09:55 AM
Hmmm - not sure because, if the job requires that someone must have security clearance - the job must clearly mention that someone with security clearance is needed. What is the point in hiring a citizen without security clearance (unless they want you to get clearance aftewr hiring)
Non discriminatory postings look like this
(1) Authorized to work in US for any employer
(2) Requires a security clearance
One cannot specifically say - I don't want EAD or GC or I want only Citizens.
Desi3933 and other knowledgable folks out here - please write your comments. I hope I am not worng.
Agree, One must not specifically say - "I don't want EAD or GC or I want only Citizens" and they need to specify the reason like you had mentioned. But you never know, the Dice and other job posting sites, just post what ever the client submits. With premium accounts, you manage the posting and I do not think, these sites control the contents. I also surfed the company website, and looks like they do have some federal clients and based on VA. It looks more like a clerical error than intentional posting. May be, an email to the HR of the company, with supporting links that does not encourage such posting legally will educate / prevent such posting in future. Any other members with in depth knowledge on this.. post your comment. Also job websites like Dice / Monster, etc...should ensure Quality of posting rather than having a disclaimer :)
Non discriminatory postings look like this
(1) Authorized to work in US for any employer
(2) Requires a security clearance
One cannot specifically say - I don't want EAD or GC or I want only Citizens.
Desi3933 and other knowledgable folks out here - please write your comments. I hope I am not worng.
Agree, One must not specifically say - "I don't want EAD or GC or I want only Citizens" and they need to specify the reason like you had mentioned. But you never know, the Dice and other job posting sites, just post what ever the client submits. With premium accounts, you manage the posting and I do not think, these sites control the contents. I also surfed the company website, and looks like they do have some federal clients and based on VA. It looks more like a clerical error than intentional posting. May be, an email to the HR of the company, with supporting links that does not encourage such posting legally will educate / prevent such posting in future. Any other members with in depth knowledge on this.. post your comment. Also job websites like Dice / Monster, etc...should ensure Quality of posting rather than having a disclaimer :)
dresses Dave Salmoni Photo
subahjaani
01-12 01:48 PM
Just mailed letter to President and a copy to Immivoice.
more...
makeup Dave Salmoni TV personality
Openarms
03-12 05:39 PM
The problem with IV core is they want to solve all the problems at once...which never going to happen... I really do not understand why they are not making this as an Action item and raise donations. let us make this sri1309 letter final and start sending it to congress (house, sensate members)
girlfriend Towns With Dave Salmoni
GCwaitforever
03-25 10:08 AM
Got a reply back just now
My mail to Capital One after getting the initial response:
Craig,
Thank you for the reply.
I am surprised by the disqualification since the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) had issued the EAD. DHS has set clear guidelines not to discriminate based on any of the authorized work documents issued by them, EAD being one of them. The I-9 form required to be filled in by every employee (citizen or otherwise) clearly mentions this.
Are you sure CapitalOne does not allow candidates who are on EAD specially when it does not require sponsorship from the employer ?
Response that I received for the above email:
Thanks for your message. The information regarding Capital One's policy on pursuing EAD card holders is correct. We are only able to pursue US Citizens or Green Card holders for these roles. I'm sorry, but we won't be able to consider your candidacy at this time.
Best Regards,
Craig
Have you written to EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunities commission and copied to this Mr. Craig?).
See earlier discussions on this topic -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2312&highlight=EEOC
My mail to Capital One after getting the initial response:
Craig,
Thank you for the reply.
I am surprised by the disqualification since the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) had issued the EAD. DHS has set clear guidelines not to discriminate based on any of the authorized work documents issued by them, EAD being one of them. The I-9 form required to be filled in by every employee (citizen or otherwise) clearly mentions this.
Are you sure CapitalOne does not allow candidates who are on EAD specially when it does not require sponsorship from the employer ?
Response that I received for the above email:
Thanks for your message. The information regarding Capital One's policy on pursuing EAD card holders is correct. We are only able to pursue US Citizens or Green Card holders for these roles. I'm sorry, but we won't be able to consider your candidacy at this time.
Best Regards,
Craig
Have you written to EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunities commission and copied to this Mr. Craig?).
See earlier discussions on this topic -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2312&highlight=EEOC
hairstyles Dave Salmoni will be vlogging
QB_man
02-29 04:06 AM
one update: after a month the consulate asked me for a scaned copy of my I-797 aproval. sent it to them the that very day. called them up two days later to confirm if they recieved it and if the processing was done? the answer was "yes we recieved it" and "sir, it will take time" .. has anyone been requested for a scanned copy of their 797 by Chennai or other consulate?
by the way my details:
petition approved: March 2006
transfer application: switched jobs
Interview : Chennai jan 28th
frustrating..
by the way my details:
petition approved: March 2006
transfer application: switched jobs
Interview : Chennai jan 28th
frustrating..
gc_on_demand
04-23 08:20 PM
I see indian comnies will apply for more B1/ B2 visas overseas.
Sri_1975
08-20 11:56 AM
Nice. Whats next.:mad:
No comments:
Post a Comment