485_spouse
10-14 10:33 AM
AP Filed/Reciept date: June 1, 2010
Created an SR request : ~ September 20, just got standard email saying Intial Review is still in progress.
We have an Info-pass appointment tomorrow. We chose the 45 day not response option. Not sure if that is ok when we get there.
Is there anything else I need to know before I meet a rep during the Infopass appointment.
We plan to take all relevant documents, along with a copy of email from a conference in Canada where my wife is invited.
Any input will be great.
-Thx
Please post your info-pass experience. We are in the same boat. My wife's AP is pending since 6th June 2010.
Created an SR request : ~ September 20, just got standard email saying Intial Review is still in progress.
We have an Info-pass appointment tomorrow. We chose the 45 day not response option. Not sure if that is ok when we get there.
Is there anything else I need to know before I meet a rep during the Infopass appointment.
We plan to take all relevant documents, along with a copy of email from a conference in Canada where my wife is invited.
Any input will be great.
-Thx
Please post your info-pass experience. We are in the same boat. My wife's AP is pending since 6th June 2010.
wallpaper Vanessa Bryant,
sledge_hammer
04-15 10:32 AM
What a jerk your desi employer is. It makes me so angry that these scumbags are getting away doing these things.
First things first - deliver the baby. Take some of the suggestions given here by other members regarding insurance.
Once all this is done sue the hell out of your desi employer. There really isn't anything (I guess) you can do about your client. But you can definitely take your desi employer to court for terminating your employment. These guys deserve to pay a hefty fine and lose their business license!
Yesterday, I was told by the client that my project is going to end by this month end i.e Apr 30. Actually it was supposed to go for the next 2 years. I am currently in the project working for the project. They said the lay off was becoz of budget issues. But I see I am the only one that is target in this lay-off. I am working with the same client for the past 3 years. The lay off news was really shocking and devastating.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
First things first - deliver the baby. Take some of the suggestions given here by other members regarding insurance.
Once all this is done sue the hell out of your desi employer. There really isn't anything (I guess) you can do about your client. But you can definitely take your desi employer to court for terminating your employment. These guys deserve to pay a hefty fine and lose their business license!
Yesterday, I was told by the client that my project is going to end by this month end i.e Apr 30. Actually it was supposed to go for the next 2 years. I am currently in the project working for the project. They said the lay off was becoz of budget issues. But I see I am the only one that is target in this lay-off. I am working with the same client for the past 3 years. The lay off news was really shocking and devastating.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
Prabhat
03-10 01:18 PM
I agree with PAPPU
That's what i see, there are around 50,000 members in our LOBBY and it has become hard to gather 5000 members....
HOW SAD it is that WE ARE not worried about
OUR OWN FAMILY
OUR OWN CARRIER
OUR OWN FUTURE
Let's WAKE UP EACH AND EVERY person
***********
Will be there in the DC Rally ( 100 % )
That's what i see, there are around 50,000 members in our LOBBY and it has become hard to gather 5000 members....
HOW SAD it is that WE ARE not worried about
OUR OWN FAMILY
OUR OWN CARRIER
OUR OWN FUTURE
Let's WAKE UP EACH AND EVERY person
***********
Will be there in the DC Rally ( 100 % )
2011 Kobe and Vanessa Bryant
jsb
08-03 08:59 AM
Very very nice! Hard to not smile after reading it. Love it. :D
While it is ok to be humouristic, its wastes lot of peoples time on something they don't intend to waste on, when they were looking for wasting time on predictions of able astrologers. Please try to stay within subject of thread to the extent possible.
While it is ok to be humouristic, its wastes lot of peoples time on something they don't intend to waste on, when they were looking for wasting time on predictions of able astrologers. Please try to stay within subject of thread to the extent possible.
more...
camarasa
07-20 05:38 PM
Guys
Don't worry about this bill being rejected. I am pretty sure one way or the other they need to increase the EB visa number soon, else definetely USCIS will be in big trouble with thousands of applications sitting there for them, now having said that USCIS will find a way to get some bill which will have EB visa count increased passed in congress, so untill then cheer up and complete your filing.:) :) :)
Or they will find a way to make to make it more difficult to qualify...
Don't worry about this bill being rejected. I am pretty sure one way or the other they need to increase the EB visa number soon, else definetely USCIS will be in big trouble with thousands of applications sitting there for them, now having said that USCIS will find a way to get some bill which will have EB visa count increased passed in congress, so untill then cheer up and complete your filing.:) :) :)
Or they will find a way to make to make it more difficult to qualify...
hebron
04-20 09:44 AM
yes my case rejected due to number of years of education.
My case they rejected because i have 3 year Bsc and 2 year master now funny thing is that i know my friend who did similar course from same university but he did same master degree like me but in part time so he complete in 3 years and he got approval in 2009.
That's ridiculous :rolleyes: So did you pursue with MTR or filing in EB3?
My case they rejected because i have 3 year Bsc and 2 year master now funny thing is that i know my friend who did similar course from same university but he did same master degree like me but in part time so he complete in 3 years and he got approval in 2009.
That's ridiculous :rolleyes: So did you pursue with MTR or filing in EB3?
more...
mpadapa
10-07 10:00 AM
This meet is a great way to meet with fellow IV-ersin the tri-state area. Hope everyone who are in the vicinity of maya's lounge can make it. It sure is going to be fun and a great way to make new friends with similar issues (GC).
2010 Vanessa Bryant, the wife of
sagar_nyc
09-05 02:31 PM
While AP entry officer Stamped date one year back on my I 94 and AP Doc.Which means my stay was already expired before entry . Thank god I verified all dates before leaving counter. He changed it immediately. My advice to guys check it all before you leave counter. You never know which things can come back and haunt you.
you should possibly also carry a copy of the AP application. At least my application clearly stated that travel was for business/personal reasons...
I am sorry you had a bad experience...possibly because of the officer's ignorance...worth a complaint...maybe you can draft something with your lawyer....don't just ignore such bad behavior...
I have travelled on AP and didn't have any problems..although the officer stamped a wrong date (one day earlier) on my passport..talk about incompetence
you should possibly also carry a copy of the AP application. At least my application clearly stated that travel was for business/personal reasons...
I am sorry you had a bad experience...possibly because of the officer's ignorance...worth a complaint...maybe you can draft something with your lawyer....don't just ignore such bad behavior...
I have travelled on AP and didn't have any problems..although the officer stamped a wrong date (one day earlier) on my passport..talk about incompetence
more...
alterego
09-25 07:01 PM
We need 2 ingredients to grab the attention.
1) Starpower addressing the rally. Someone like The google guys, Cisco CEO John Chambers, or Gov. Schwartzenegger.
2) A well attended rally with preferably a mix of affected foreign employees as well as many of their US colleagues.
If you guys can pull that off then, it will quite literally be a very big statement.
1) Starpower addressing the rally. Someone like The google guys, Cisco CEO John Chambers, or Gov. Schwartzenegger.
2) A well attended rally with preferably a mix of affected foreign employees as well as many of their US colleagues.
If you guys can pull that off then, it will quite literally be a very big statement.
hair Kobe Bryant#39;s wife Vanessa was
rsharma
10-11 12:53 PM
Who the hell r U kidding? By calling urself "BharatPremi" u r making a BIG fool of urself. If u r really a patriotic Indian why the hell did u apply for ur GC? Just work for those 6 H1B yrs and get the hell out of this country. Dont make a fool of urself and others by saying things like "at this moment" hez a citizen of another country blah blah blah...I know a few friends who just love India and would wanna go back after earning dollars for those 6 yrs H1B lets u work for. I appreciate such ppl...not ppl like u who try to "show off" that they r citizens of another country by shouting slogans and at the same time apply for permanent residencies with other countries...SHAME ON U PPL! U r a disgrace not only to US but to India and to the whole world as well.
Dear Friend, I respect your thought process of trying to stay in US but do Prem ( Love in Hindi) to another country. But forgive me friend, I cannot do so. I speak what I do. The day I filed my application for permanent residenship in US (which is a way to become US citizen), I gave my heart to US. I believe that if tomorrow we are given a chance to become US citizen, many of us ( maybe not 100%) will grab the opportunity and take oath for aligience to US. Immidiately all the so called love they are showing now for their own country will vaporate in a day or in a second.
Friend, you have sited leagal reasons and directed me to the US Supreme court. I am not sure if you had already asked US Spereme court or whther you are a learned lawyer of US legal system. If not I would suggest instead of directing me to ask the Supreme count you can do this favor of asking and verifing this matter.
Also my friend you took the liberty to comment about my ethics and had commented that I have sold my soul. I guess you did not read my comment clearly. I had only congratulated Our President on winning the graet Nobel Peace prize and had written that me and my family is greatly pleased at his winning the prize. Dear friend do you know how many members of my family are US citizen. So if I say our President it includes me , my wife and my whole family (including my in laws and my siblings).
From your posts it appears that you think of yourself as highly educated, I belive you are :D. I ihink as highly educated we should read clearfully before calling names to others.
My apologies to the starter of this thead that this thread has been hijacked for mud slugling and calling names. Athough I belive I have not written anything bad about anyone, but this people hijacked this thread after my congratulatory comments to our President. I share the blame for this thread being hijacked. So this will be my last post on this thread.
Before I end, I am very pleaseed to see that there are still many of us who has the courage to call a spade a spade and point out the hypocrats. Hats off to them.
Going by a idom I had heard when I was young - When an elephant goes lots of dogs bark, but the elephant still goes on. Abiding this idiom I shall continue to sing praise of USA and respect our presiden Mr Obama.
May God bless all of us.
May God bless USA.
Dear Friend, I respect your thought process of trying to stay in US but do Prem ( Love in Hindi) to another country. But forgive me friend, I cannot do so. I speak what I do. The day I filed my application for permanent residenship in US (which is a way to become US citizen), I gave my heart to US. I believe that if tomorrow we are given a chance to become US citizen, many of us ( maybe not 100%) will grab the opportunity and take oath for aligience to US. Immidiately all the so called love they are showing now for their own country will vaporate in a day or in a second.
Friend, you have sited leagal reasons and directed me to the US Supreme court. I am not sure if you had already asked US Spereme court or whther you are a learned lawyer of US legal system. If not I would suggest instead of directing me to ask the Supreme count you can do this favor of asking and verifing this matter.
Also my friend you took the liberty to comment about my ethics and had commented that I have sold my soul. I guess you did not read my comment clearly. I had only congratulated Our President on winning the graet Nobel Peace prize and had written that me and my family is greatly pleased at his winning the prize. Dear friend do you know how many members of my family are US citizen. So if I say our President it includes me , my wife and my whole family (including my in laws and my siblings).
From your posts it appears that you think of yourself as highly educated, I belive you are :D. I ihink as highly educated we should read clearfully before calling names to others.
My apologies to the starter of this thead that this thread has been hijacked for mud slugling and calling names. Athough I belive I have not written anything bad about anyone, but this people hijacked this thread after my congratulatory comments to our President. I share the blame for this thread being hijacked. So this will be my last post on this thread.
Before I end, I am very pleaseed to see that there are still many of us who has the courage to call a spade a spade and point out the hypocrats. Hats off to them.
Going by a idom I had heard when I was young - When an elephant goes lots of dogs bark, but the elephant still goes on. Abiding this idiom I shall continue to sing praise of USA and respect our presiden Mr Obama.
May God bless all of us.
May God bless USA.
more...
txh1b
04-15 10:47 AM
Bingo! I was about to say this -- Under COBRA, govt will pay 65% of the payment. I have been to this boat before and COBRA is extremely expensive (~1500 dollars a month for a family of 3).
Also, you need to talk to a lawyer! Desi companies....what can I say.... no company should terminate anyone in the 9th month of pregnancy.
Status wise both you and your husband are OK. Just make sure that both of you renew AP and EAD on time.
Good luck.
COBRA is applicable only if the employer has 20+ employees.
Also, you need to talk to a lawyer! Desi companies....what can I say.... no company should terminate anyone in the 9th month of pregnancy.
Status wise both you and your husband are OK. Just make sure that both of you renew AP and EAD on time.
Good luck.
COBRA is applicable only if the employer has 20+ employees.
hot kobe ryant wife vanessa
Michael chertoff
07-31 09:19 AM
EB2 Indian will be Aug 2006.
more...
house Kobe#39;s wife, Vanessa Bryant,
alterego
12-30 05:44 PM
This is a bunch of baloney.
Whether this is a recession, a depression or a hyperinflationary cycle and economic wipeout, America will remain the pre-eminent world power in the next quarter century.
The US has the most trusted currency int he world(sometimes I wonder why, but the fact is it remains such or else its value should rationally be a lot lower right now).
It has the best universities and research centers, and remains a magnet to the worlds most motivated people.
It has the strongest military in direct face to face combat.
It has the largest, most well integrated, and diverse economy in the world.
Cultural differences while they exist are far less than many other democracies, mainly since this is a newer country built on diversity and tolerance. They have just elected Obama as president, if that does not represent the best of secular ideals, I am not sure what does. The US has a lot of cultural bonds in entertainment, sports, social programs like Medicare/Social Securities, Large corporations and brands etc that are remarkable cohesive forces.
This is a pure wish list from a bitter former KGB man, who is given a megaphone by an even more bitter Putin, who is still smarting from the disintegration of the USSR and wants the same for America.
Dream on former KGB, dream on. If you want to know how united this country is, just remember back to the period after 9/11.
Whether this is a recession, a depression or a hyperinflationary cycle and economic wipeout, America will remain the pre-eminent world power in the next quarter century.
The US has the most trusted currency int he world(sometimes I wonder why, but the fact is it remains such or else its value should rationally be a lot lower right now).
It has the best universities and research centers, and remains a magnet to the worlds most motivated people.
It has the strongest military in direct face to face combat.
It has the largest, most well integrated, and diverse economy in the world.
Cultural differences while they exist are far less than many other democracies, mainly since this is a newer country built on diversity and tolerance. They have just elected Obama as president, if that does not represent the best of secular ideals, I am not sure what does. The US has a lot of cultural bonds in entertainment, sports, social programs like Medicare/Social Securities, Large corporations and brands etc that are remarkable cohesive forces.
This is a pure wish list from a bitter former KGB man, who is given a megaphone by an even more bitter Putin, who is still smarting from the disintegration of the USSR and wants the same for America.
Dream on former KGB, dream on. If you want to know how united this country is, just remember back to the period after 9/11.
tattoo hair Vanessa Bryant, the wife
cjain
12-14 01:08 PM
Folks I had an infopass this morning for EAD pending more than 90 days. The officer basically told me cannot issue EAD but will contact NSC to check status and gave a customer information receipt saying "Our records indicate that your I765 is pending. I will contact NSC for further review of your application"
I was very disappointed by this. Is there anything else I can do to get interim EAD? I still don't see a LUD on my case.
I was very disappointed by this. Is there anything else I can do to get interim EAD? I still don't see a LUD on my case.
more...
pictures Vanessa Bryant kobe ryant
raj3078
07-18 10:14 AM
Hi eager_immi, thank you for your reply. See here is the situation, let's say for very personal reasons, we cannot get married before Sept 2007, then, what are my options?
Thank you,
gc101.
As I understand it correctly, you have a very personal reason for not getting married before Sept 07. I have to say that in that case, go ahead and at least file for your green card, that way you create one more option of applying through family based, even if it means 6-7 years of waiting period. Ideally you would like her to come to states at least for 2-3 business days to get court marriage and filing of docs, but if thats not the case then this is your best option.
Thank you,
gc101.
As I understand it correctly, you have a very personal reason for not getting married before Sept 07. I have to say that in that case, go ahead and at least file for your green card, that way you create one more option of applying through family based, even if it means 6-7 years of waiting period. Ideally you would like her to come to states at least for 2-3 business days to get court marriage and filing of docs, but if thats not the case then this is your best option.
dresses VanessaBryantandKenyonMartin
chi_shark
10-01 01:54 PM
it depends on the individual hospital... your downside is only your wife getting fired... which might not really happen unless your wife supplies 100 A grade nurses to the directly competing hospital across the street... if she does that, anyway she wont care for the job.... :-) all the best... let us know how it goes...
Hi,
My wife is doing residency using her EAD and she wanted to start a medical staffing company. Would there be any problem from the 'hospitals' since she is working as full time employee or is it depending on the individual hospital contract?
Please help me out if anybody has an idea.
Thanks.
Hi,
My wife is doing residency using her EAD and she wanted to start a medical staffing company. Would there be any problem from the 'hospitals' since she is working as full time employee or is it depending on the individual hospital contract?
Please help me out if anybody has an idea.
Thanks.
more...
makeup look for Vanessa Bryant.
willgetgc2005
11-09 10:49 AM
AC360, CNN
John King, CNN happened to mention yesterday on AC360, that CIR can be passed in the blink of an eye. He seems to think it is the easiest thing to do for the president and the Dems in the current situation.
Any thoughts ?
John King, CNN happened to mention yesterday on AC360, that CIR can be passed in the blink of an eye. He seems to think it is the easiest thing to do for the president and the Dems in the current situation.
Any thoughts ?
girlfriend hot Vanessa Bryant with
wizpal
02-25 01:00 PM
I don't know how to open a thread to run a poll to track the number of people ready to send flowers to white house/president to highlight our case to buy houses if there is a a provision to approve GCs on a fast-track basis. With a substantial fast track fee (>4000 dollars) and 20% down payment toward house payment, we have a strong case. If we get hundreds of people ready to send to flowers, may be IV can make it an action item.
hairstyles Vanessa Bryant hates Khloe
EndlessWait
02-25 10:30 AM
Incorrect. Please go back and see old threads for action items. Just because you do not see any action item right now, you cannot flush down all our hard work in the last 2 years. You are enjoying your 2 year EAD because of the hard work of our Admin fix campaign in 2008. Please stop blaming the organization. If you wish to lead it, come forward and take charge of your state chapter as a start, lead and deliver results. IV is everyone and each member's responsibility.
kudos to what u accomplished in July 2007, but the reality is we haven't seen any major action after that. I guess its mostly frustration from ppl here, who think that the US housing/EB crisis can be pursued aggressively than expecting for CIR to happen.
thanks
kudos to what u accomplished in July 2007, but the reality is we haven't seen any major action after that. I guess its mostly frustration from ppl here, who think that the US housing/EB crisis can be pursued aggressively than expecting for CIR to happen.
thanks
waitforgc1
04-06 11:56 AM
usually around 15 of every month
Suva
05-10 11:31 AM
Thanks.
If someone is looking for a Masters just to upgrade to EB2, any accredited program will do. Verify the accreditation (of school and program) using the link which I posted earlier
If someone is looking for a Masters just to upgrade to EB2, any accredited program will do. Verify the accreditation (of school and program) using the link which I posted earlier
No comments:
Post a Comment