axp817
06-10 08:02 PM
Actually very true. I for one have held off on buying a gun (though my wife highly disapproves of guns) simply because I dont have a GC and dont want any hassles. Besides I live in Chicago which has a ban on guns. Ironic that the maximum killings and drive by shootings happen maybe 30-40 blocks from where I live but the city doesnt allow legal law-abiding residents to own guns.
It isn't an outright ban. Chicago doesn't allow concealed carry, and requires guns to be registered, but you can own guns. Yes, the process for legally owning a gun in Chicago I understand is very tedious (sad, I know), but not impossible. Much like NYC.
It isn't an outright ban. Chicago doesn't allow concealed carry, and requires guns to be registered, but you can own guns. Yes, the process for legally owning a gun in Chicago I understand is very tedious (sad, I know), but not impossible. Much like NYC.
wallpaper brother Shannon Leto—moved
Leo07
06-03 01:39 PM
This was even before elections---during Bush presidency...
Gosh, people are posting comments on that BILL now?
Gosh, people are posting comments on that BILL now?

Humhongekamyab
06-10 08:22 AM
YOu stole my profile picture, stop doing that, or you WILL fail.
Here you go. it's all your's now.
Here you go. it's all your's now.
2011 Shannon Leto

fullerene
07-21 10:09 AM
We need to heavily bomb our senators by letters and phone calls. Although most of people here are busy filing all the documents, please take a time to call/write THREE senators:
Sen Cornyn, John. Thank and encourage him keep up the issue
Two senators in your state. Thank and encourage one(s) who support us. Ask for explanations for senator(s) who said "Nay" also ask them why they vote yes for CIS, but now for this bill.
Again,
If a broken system is not able to process a million applicants with full of immigration documents, how can it manage 12 million applicants without any paperwork even passports?
If a broken system is not able to process a million applicants in the US with temporary visas, how can it manage millions of applicants all of worlds who meet merit point requirements?
So if the existing broken system is not be fixed, CIR wont be feasilbe unless the government decides to abandon all the necessary evaluate procedures.
Sen Cornyn, John. Thank and encourage him keep up the issue
Two senators in your state. Thank and encourage one(s) who support us. Ask for explanations for senator(s) who said "Nay" also ask them why they vote yes for CIS, but now for this bill.
Again,
If a broken system is not able to process a million applicants with full of immigration documents, how can it manage 12 million applicants without any paperwork even passports?
If a broken system is not able to process a million applicants in the US with temporary visas, how can it manage millions of applicants all of worlds who meet merit point requirements?
So if the existing broken system is not be fixed, CIR wont be feasilbe unless the government decides to abandon all the necessary evaluate procedures.
more...
rongha_2000
03-18 04:08 PM
:confused:I am in same situtation. I want to reenter on AP and continue on H1-B. Can I do that? My company says its their policy that once I use AP to enter I will have to switch from H1-B to EAD. I dont want to do that. Can I still continue on H1-B?
I intend to travel to my home country I have H1 (not stamped but valid till 2010) working for the same sponsor if I use AP to enter US do I lose my H1 status.I have EAD but did not use it.
I intend to travel to my home country I have H1 (not stamped but valid till 2010) working for the same sponsor if I use AP to enter US do I lose my H1 status.I have EAD but did not use it.
pappu
10-11 08:35 PM
Sent above to - letters@economist.com and
also to submit_help@aaas.org
thank you nycgal and jonty for taking lead on this one and sending mails to the editor.
only 2 people sent the mail in one day!!
This work does not even take 3 minutes and we have such a low turnout.:(
also to submit_help@aaas.org
thank you nycgal and jonty for taking lead on this one and sending mails to the editor.
only 2 people sent the mail in one day!!
This work does not even take 3 minutes and we have such a low turnout.:(
more...
mikesin
04-07 06:08 PM
Thanks Karthik but I am just an MS :)
But one thin I enjoy is problem solving and this is one of the hardest out there as it is dynamic.
With Eb3 India the Horizontal spillover methodology kills most hope as there is the large Eb2 India backlog. In 2007(I think) the vertical spillover methodology was followed and Eb3 India got 17000 or so visa numbers. So with Horizontal spillover and no number increase I am sorry to say movement is limited.
Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on ROW EB3?
But one thin I enjoy is problem solving and this is one of the hardest out there as it is dynamic.
With Eb3 India the Horizontal spillover methodology kills most hope as there is the large Eb2 India backlog. In 2007(I think) the vertical spillover methodology was followed and Eb3 India got 17000 or so visa numbers. So with Horizontal spillover and no number increase I am sorry to say movement is limited.
Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on ROW EB3?
2010 I know what you#39;re thinking.
The7zen
04-16 01:11 PM
Bump!!!!
Just contributed $25 for this month.....
Just contributed $25 for this month.....
more...
yagw
09-20 01:42 PM
LOA...means I am still employed without benefits ...at my old company.
what you said makes sense..this is how I am looking at it
-join new company
-donot send in ac 21 paperwork
-if i have rfe send in paperwork from present employer which will only be a generic letter----(i don't know how much detail uscis likes)
-the reason i want to do LOA is that this way i will be sure they will not revoke i -140
-what do the gurus feel ?
BTW--gave u green --thanks for the reply
If LOA can stop the old employer from revoking I-140, I would say, go for it. But just make sure you don't land into any other trouble (like non-competent etc. just an example, may not be relevant in your case, but you get the idea...).
Also, discuss with the new employer and make sure they are ok with supporting you in case of an RFE. From your response, looks like they might know what it is. What I can think of is, consult an attorney and discuss what kinda RFEs you can get that needs employer help (mostly EVL, ability to pay), prepare a sample response letter for both and check with the new employer they are ok with providing them if necessary.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an Attorney and this is not a legal advice
what you said makes sense..this is how I am looking at it
-join new company
-donot send in ac 21 paperwork
-if i have rfe send in paperwork from present employer which will only be a generic letter----(i don't know how much detail uscis likes)
-the reason i want to do LOA is that this way i will be sure they will not revoke i -140
-what do the gurus feel ?
BTW--gave u green --thanks for the reply
If LOA can stop the old employer from revoking I-140, I would say, go for it. But just make sure you don't land into any other trouble (like non-competent etc. just an example, may not be relevant in your case, but you get the idea...).
Also, discuss with the new employer and make sure they are ok with supporting you in case of an RFE. From your response, looks like they might know what it is. What I can think of is, consult an attorney and discuss what kinda RFEs you can get that needs employer help (mostly EVL, ability to pay), prepare a sample response letter for both and check with the new employer they are ok with providing them if necessary.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an Attorney and this is not a legal advice
hair Because I#39;m all heart.
kamakya
10-03 12:34 AM
I applied for PIO card for my son and daughter and both was rejected as both me and my wife are Indian citizens. I was under the impression that kids who hold PIO card need not have to pay NRI fees during college. Is this something true?
more...
insbaby
03-09 03:19 PM
Next time someone questions IV's efforts, I am going to bluntly ask them if they contributed or came for the advocacy day event. If they did neither, we do not need their 2 cents of free comments.
There is a limit for anyone's patience level and Pappu seemed to have reached that level !
The 'troubles' are not enough and still in the 'comfort' zone. There is nothing much you can do about that.
There is a limit for anyone's patience level and Pappu seemed to have reached that level !
The 'troubles' are not enough and still in the 'comfort' zone. There is nothing much you can do about that.
hot and brother Shannon Leto
dummgelauft
07-01 09:59 AM
I am not sure about this but one thng can certainly happen with Admin Fix.
Porting of applicant who have stayed long enough in (EB3 to EB2). EB3 15 years experience and still counting and stuck and uncertain porting rules and AC21 doesn't make sense at all.
Or
AC21 rules or some other fix giving relief to people stuck in GC unnecessarily.
USCIs can make these fixes but they dont want to do it. Its simple
..and why not EB2 to EB1 and EB1 to EB1-NIW..and so on...
Porting of applicant who have stayed long enough in (EB3 to EB2). EB3 15 years experience and still counting and stuck and uncertain porting rules and AC21 doesn't make sense at all.
Or
AC21 rules or some other fix giving relief to people stuck in GC unnecessarily.
USCIs can make these fixes but they dont want to do it. Its simple
..and why not EB2 to EB1 and EB1 to EB1-NIW..and so on...
more...
house SHANNON LETO Presented By SPY
paskal
04-09 04:41 PM
you are welcome to vent your frustration too...
I am from India and I agree this whole thing is overdone
But let people release their steam, you release yours. India is just a euphimism here for your native country
you can alos of course ignore the thread like i did for the longest time.
mainly, let's just try to be nice to each other, and try not to vent on others.
I am from India and I agree this whole thing is overdone
But let people release their steam, you release yours. India is just a euphimism here for your native country
you can alos of course ignore the thread like i did for the longest time.
mainly, let's just try to be nice to each other, and try not to vent on others.
tattoo older brother Shannon Leto
sanju
01-22 12:18 AM
So, what are the options for EB3-I? It appears that porting to EB2 will be more difficult moving forward due to difficulties in getting PERM approved especially for IT professions.
If the recapture of unused visas does happen, what is the estimate on how much EB3I would move?
Figures suggest that there are over 800,000 pending applications. Recapture will get around approximately 215,000 green cards. We are shot of around 600,000 green cards, which will take around 4 years (@140k/yr EB green card) to address the current backlog, which contains your and mine application. This is a deep deep hole and EB3-I is at the bottom of this hole.
.
If the recapture of unused visas does happen, what is the estimate on how much EB3I would move?
Figures suggest that there are over 800,000 pending applications. Recapture will get around approximately 215,000 green cards. We are shot of around 600,000 green cards, which will take around 4 years (@140k/yr EB green card) to address the current backlog, which contains your and mine application. This is a deep deep hole and EB3-I is at the bottom of this hole.
.
more...
pictures bandmates Shannon Leto and
glen
10-12 09:09 AM
Emailed to both editors.
dresses Shannon Leto baterista de
Tito_ortiz
01-15 12:09 AM
Yoda says:
Bill hard to be approved that it is.
Unemployment rising for Americans rapidly it is. Tough to let more immigrants like us get jobs from Americans. Obama try he will.
Be the Force be with you. IV contribute more should you.
Done !
Bill hard to be approved that it is.
Unemployment rising for Americans rapidly it is. Tough to let more immigrants like us get jobs from Americans. Obama try he will.
Be the Force be with you. IV contribute more should you.
Done !
more...
makeup jared leto gay movie
aditya
11-10 01:56 PM
game over for lame duck
girlfriend Jared and Shannon Leto
lahiribaba
04-05 03:39 PM
All,
The object of this thread is straightforward - it is to understand if you as a donor member will contribute more $ (or start contributing!) if you get more regular information updates (weekly?) from Core? I know there was a funding drive in March which led to us meeting the goal of $10,000 (and then some). However, while there has been a new goal of $10,000 created for April, we have made little progress towards that. As someone who contributed $100 the first time round in March, but haven't yet made a contribution towards the April funding drive, I can admit that one of the primary reasons for this is because there has been very limited information shared since then. While I COMPLETELY trust in the fact that the Core team is making every effort humanly possible to further our cause, I am also a member of the human race that by nature seeks information and looks for leadership to be more sharing about progress. I personally believe transparency is a key enabler not just to gaining participation and building momentum, but also to creating innovative solutions to problems by engaging more individuals in the process (borrowing this "leaf" from President's Obama's playbook will be highly beneficial to our casuse)
Let me clarify this is NOT an indication of lack of trust in Core NOR do I believe that there isn't a sincere effort being put in by a whole bunch of dedicated individuals. However, my suggestion is simply an idea to further the cause - would definitely like to hear how the rest of this immigration community feels!
Thanks for your participation in this poll.
Cheers
P.S: Just to be clear, I am referring to Regular Updates to DONORS i.e CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS
kuch to problem hai mere bhai
The object of this thread is straightforward - it is to understand if you as a donor member will contribute more $ (or start contributing!) if you get more regular information updates (weekly?) from Core? I know there was a funding drive in March which led to us meeting the goal of $10,000 (and then some). However, while there has been a new goal of $10,000 created for April, we have made little progress towards that. As someone who contributed $100 the first time round in March, but haven't yet made a contribution towards the April funding drive, I can admit that one of the primary reasons for this is because there has been very limited information shared since then. While I COMPLETELY trust in the fact that the Core team is making every effort humanly possible to further our cause, I am also a member of the human race that by nature seeks information and looks for leadership to be more sharing about progress. I personally believe transparency is a key enabler not just to gaining participation and building momentum, but also to creating innovative solutions to problems by engaging more individuals in the process (borrowing this "leaf" from President's Obama's playbook will be highly beneficial to our casuse)
Let me clarify this is NOT an indication of lack of trust in Core NOR do I believe that there isn't a sincere effort being put in by a whole bunch of dedicated individuals. However, my suggestion is simply an idea to further the cause - would definitely like to hear how the rest of this immigration community feels!
Thanks for your participation in this poll.
Cheers
P.S: Just to be clear, I am referring to Regular Updates to DONORS i.e CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS
kuch to problem hai mere bhai
hairstyles Jared Leto was wearing striped
ganguteli
04-02 01:55 PM
I am not sure abt Senator Grassley and others but someone in your home could answer your curiosity about my balls. lol...Take your shot man
You are an anti-immigrant troll. Good we caught you.
I know your kind
Now you will go to your site and announce how bravely you fought with H1Bs
You are an anti-immigrant troll. Good we caught you.
I know your kind
Now you will go to your site and announce how bravely you fought with H1Bs
chanduv23
10-02 10:18 AM
NOTE : THIS EVENT IS ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12TH AND NOT FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5TH
We would like to meet everyone and try and get to know each other. This will be a very casual "no obligation" event where everyone can chit-chat, have couple of drinks, discuss on past / future - IV / NON-IV events.
We would like to meet up at "Maya Lounge". Here are the details
Maya Lounge
14 East 33rd Street, New York, NY 10016
Located between Madison and 5th Avenue
Phone: 212 685 6275
website : http://www.mayalounge.net/
Date: 10/12/2007 - Friday Evening
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (If folks in Manhattan do not want to miss out on the happy hour, you are most welcome to come in a bit earlier)
They have a great Happy Hour Buy One Get One FREE on drinks.
Its situated couple of blocks away from Penn Station and a short walk from Port Authority Station and should be easily accessible for everyone.
For the ones who missed the rally this is a great chance to know everyone.
Guys please show up, bring your friends-co-workers lets try and make Tri-State Chapter a lovely & lively group.
A choice of Non alcoholic beverages also available
Do not miss out on the food - snacks are delicious
Average expense per person can be around $10 to $15 if you order stuff during the happy hour - food and drink.
Thank you all once again for being a part of this wonderful organization and we will see you there on Friday, October 12th, 2007
I am posting this message on behalf of IV member 'laborchic' who is hosting this event
We would like to meet everyone and try and get to know each other. This will be a very casual "no obligation" event where everyone can chit-chat, have couple of drinks, discuss on past / future - IV / NON-IV events.
We would like to meet up at "Maya Lounge". Here are the details
Maya Lounge
14 East 33rd Street, New York, NY 10016
Located between Madison and 5th Avenue
Phone: 212 685 6275
website : http://www.mayalounge.net/
Date: 10/12/2007 - Friday Evening
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (If folks in Manhattan do not want to miss out on the happy hour, you are most welcome to come in a bit earlier)
They have a great Happy Hour Buy One Get One FREE on drinks.
Its situated couple of blocks away from Penn Station and a short walk from Port Authority Station and should be easily accessible for everyone.
For the ones who missed the rally this is a great chance to know everyone.
Guys please show up, bring your friends-co-workers lets try and make Tri-State Chapter a lovely & lively group.
A choice of Non alcoholic beverages also available
Do not miss out on the food - snacks are delicious
Average expense per person can be around $10 to $15 if you order stuff during the happy hour - food and drink.
Thank you all once again for being a part of this wonderful organization and we will see you there on Friday, October 12th, 2007
I am posting this message on behalf of IV member 'laborchic' who is hosting this event
GreenCard4US
03-10 07:56 PM
Hope my small donation helps. I am encouraging my friends to contribute.
Receipt number for this payment is: 2553-5233-6038-5007
Receipt number for this payment is: 2553-5233-6038-5007
No comments:
Post a Comment